Monday, September 21, 2009
NICU follow up--2 week appointment
Today we went to our pediatrician for Jacob's NICU follow up visit. He's doing great! He weighed in at 9 pounds 8 ounces, which is 4 ounces more than he weighed on Thursday night. I've been feeding him as much as he'll take whenever he wakes up hungry. Apparently, it's more than enough!
The doctor said to consider this his 2 week checkup, since we're only two days away from that. He said Jacob is healthy and "normal" now, and we can expect no long term effects from the pneumothorax (hole in the lung). Hurray!
We can take him off the crazy-expensive neonatal formula, and put him on something generic (Costco!). That will be a benefit for our budget.
Sam and I managed to get almost the whole house clean, and I got 4 loads of laundry totally completed. I have two more to fold, and possibly one more load to do tomorrow. I'm starting to be able to return phone calls and receive visitors. Life is starting to get back to normal. Okay, not normal, but manageable.
I can't tell you how much we have appreciated all the love and support we have received. It feels like other people are as excited as we are to receive this addition to our family. It's been an amazing experience.
Emily
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yay! that is so great - lots of prayers still being offered on your behalf! sure love ya! what a handsome little chunk!
Congratulations Emily! I enjoyed reading about Jacob's adoption... sounds like it was a whirl wind. Hopefully you are getting settled into "babyt business" now. :-) Well, I don't know if "settled" is the right word, but you know what I mean!
Post a Comment