Monday, September 21, 2009

First Day of School

Even though Adam turned 5 before the deadline, we decided to do one more year of preschool. My thinking at the time was that he's a lot better off being the oldest than the youngest in his class. Now that Jacob has arrived, I am SO GLAD I made this choice. I've enrolled him in a district run preschool. It's 4 days a week (T-F) from 9:15 am to 12:00 pm. It's at a nearby elementary school, so they meet in a regular classroom, listen to school announcements, do the pledge, and play on the kindergarten playground. The differences: he's one of the oldest children, the curriculum is not challenging, and I can keep him home when I want to! Here he is on his first day:

And of course, it wouldn't be quite right to have a "first day" picture without Avery!

Avery was so sad all last year as we dropped off Adam at preschool and she had to go home with me. So you can imagine her excitement to go to her very own preschool this year! I've gotten in with a group of moms in the neighborhood--the mom who organized it used to teach preschool, and she is fantastic! Here is Avery on her very first day:

And with Adam. I like this picture because you can see Avery's dimple.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Hi Emily, I just got my computer out of the shop and have been catching up on all your updates. I am so glad things are going so great with Jacob - I hope Adam is excited to be settling into his role as big brother.

Ave has been going to pre-school and has been doing great this week, though she really misses all of you. Let me know what you want to do in the weeks going forward. We certainly want you to feel up to the pitter patter of two more extra little feet in your house:)

We miss you and are excited to see baby Jacob and Adam again.