Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Baby Update Wednesday Night

I was so encouraged by the nurse's report that I slept all night. So I was so disappointed and upset this morning when I found he had two feedings that didn't go so well. The good news is, they took his NG tube out, and he would have to really move backwards to put it back in. He may be treading water a little, but the NG tube is gone for good. So here is a cute picture of him sans-tube. I think he has Savannah's nose (his birthmom). After one of his feedings he puked all over. He probably had a big burp that got caught under a big swallow of formula. Anyway, we had to change his bedding, clothing, everything. I took the chance to take naked pictures. You can see his leads--they measure his heart rate and his breathing. On his foot is a blood oxygen monitor. You can see that he is really suffering from lack of food and wasting away. Just look at that double chin! The good news is--the doctor thinks he can come home on Friday. So long as he keeps eating and/or keeps gaining weight. I was frustrated that it won't be tomorrow, but I adjusted. We got a hotel room and Adam and Sam came up to be with me. We swam in the pool and we will hopefully play with cousins tomorrow; plus, I can keep feeding Jacob. It's about 10-15 minutes from the hospital, but I'm so happy to be together and be so close. Jacob is doing his carseat challenge as I write this. I think I'll go back at 11:30pm to see how he did and find out his weight and feed him again before sleeping for the night. Thanks to all for your outpouring of love and support. We're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! Emily

1 comment:

jlbunting.com said...

Oh, Emily, he is adorable! I hope he does get to come home tomorrow. I can't imagine how heart wrenching it must be to see your baby in the hospital like that. You're doing great!