Anywhere I go I have a peanut gallery in the back seat (also known as Adam and Avery). They provide a constant dialogue that sounds something like this:
"Hey Mister Too-too!"
"You are Mister Too-too, Poo-poo!"
Me: "No potty language please."
"This is a real dum-dum."
"Oh yeah, a dum-dum!"
"Look there, Pee!"
Me: "No potty language please."
"No mom, not like pee in the potty, the letter 'P', the letter 'P' is okay. It's not potty language."
It goes on. If you've ever had a 5 year old boy coupled with any child old enough to talk, you know what's going on here.
I recently bought an IPOD (from my lovely sister, Kate), and I've loaded the top 100 songs of every year from 1980-1989. I've been going through rating them so I can create a playlist of my favorites (my real dream is to recreate a playlist of classic "Super Saturday" stake dance songs). Who would have guessed that when I skipped past the song "Photograph" Adam would say "Mom, I like that one, go back to it so I can hear it!" Then just minutes later after dropping Adam at preschool I rated "Armageddon It" and Avery made the same request. Who knew these kids would like Def Leppard?
So as you listen to these classic 80's rock songs, you can understand the sweet irony of peace and quiet. This is what it sounds like for me--Def Leppard blaring, kids silent. I'll take it!
1 comment:
Hey, it could be worse. Could be a Word Girl CD, or a Between the Lions CD.
Post a Comment