Jacob isn't a huge fan of wearing hat. I think I got two photos before he started crying and protesting the odd thing on his head.
Jacob is doing so well! He sleeps at least 4 hours at night, sometimes longer if I'm lucky. He's up to eating 5-6 ounces at a time, which feels like a miracle after working so hard to get him to take just 2 in the hospital!
He loves to be held but starts fussing when he's tired--he doesn't like being held to sleep! I have to reduce the stimulation (quiet room, fan, lights off, blinds pulled), and even then he sometimes has to fuss himself to sleep. I've found if I interrupt to "settle" him, it just takes longer. So I've learned to let him holler all he wants, and he will suddenly settle down and go right to sleep in under 7 minutes. So I set my timer and grit my teeth and resist. I know I'll get to cuddle him all I want as soon as he wakes up!
He's a really cute little boy, but I have to admit he only has one expression, as seen above and below. We can't wait for him to start smiling at us!
We went to Cornbelly's (a local fall festival) and I forgot to bring a hat for Jacob, so we borrowed one from my friend Holly. He looked so funny and cute, I had to take a picture!

3 comments:
I love your updates, what you said about the van, and your family picture is perfect!
Wow, he could be Oliver's twin. Seriously. I can't wait to get them together.
Kaila-yes, Irene and I keep thinking the same thing. The cute nose, he's got blonde hair, and blue blue eyes. Crazy!
Post a Comment