Friday, June 10, 2011

Strong Museum of Play: Part 1

Saturday was rainy, so we decided it was a perfect day for a museum. I had fond memories of going to "the city" on field trips, so to Rochester we went. I'm pretty sure when I was a kid we went to the Rochester Museum and Science Center. But Sam found some good reviews of the Strong Museum of Play.

IT WAS FANTASTIC! So for those of you who live in SLC, or have visited the Children's Museum there, this is about 4-5 times bigger and better. After visiting the strong museum, I now understand what they were trying to do. I don't have pictures of everything, but we spent at least 5 hours there, and barely saw everything. But in each area there are stations of crafts to complete, games to play (trains, legos, puzzles, etc.), and more.

There's no question if I lived here I would have a membership and go regularly.

Here are Sam and Adam building at one of the stations:

Adam's favorite place was a stage--but next to it was a camera that fed live to several TV screens. You could control the lights and move the camera around.

Another fun spot was the airplane cockpit. Here are the boys in there--it's fuzzy because it's taken through plexi-glass. There is an intercom where you can talk to someone just around the corner. Over.
I think Jacob put together his first real sentence just before this picture was taken. He pointed and said "Car." I told him "That's a train." Then he said "Go on the T". Well, how could we resist that?

And Adam really wanted to ride the carousel. Thank goodness Sam doesn't get motion sick like I do!
Jacob started off clinging to the pole, and ended up clinging to Sam.
This was the end of a VERY long day, with no nap and wet clothes (he dumped water all over himself).

No comments: