I have two little fish.
This summer we signed Adam up for swimming lessons--a first. He taught himself to swim and had always resisted any teaching (at least when done by us). He's really quite a natural, so we wanted him to develop his skills in this area. So to AF rec center we went!
The first session was torture for Jacob, because I did not sign him up. But I learned my lesson well: It's less painful to get in the water every day than to keep your 2 year old out of the water.
HE LOVED IT!
The best thing we purchased all summer was this "life jacket." It's like floaties with a panel across the tummy. It really helps keep their face out of the water. That is, if they want to.
Jacob had no desire to keep his face dry. We finally started putting goggles on him, since he spent more time with his face in the water than out. He loved it when the kids would make faces at him underwater.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but a video is worth more. Coming soon. . .
1 comment:
That is so cute!! I love the look on Jacob's face! Priceless!
Post a Comment