So we started this project back in August, and it's still not quite done. But the major items are in place, so I thought I'd post pictures.
We turned our front living room into a bedroom. They had to take the 8' wall and extend it to the ceiling, then add a second wall and a door.
Here is the pocket door--right behind it is the front entry, with the front door to the left.
This is one of my favorite parts of the room. We got the chaise lounge and bookshelves from Ikea. Loving them!
This is the wall where the piano was--it was only 8' and you could see over it into the family room. That is now closed off.
And this photo was taken through the pocket doors--I was standing in the entry. We made the headboard and bought the lights from someone for $20.
The huge benefits of this change is that the boys have their own rooms. Adam LOVES his new room--especially since we moved the queen bed from downstairs, and it's the most comfortable bed in the world.
Jacob has inherited Adam's old room, complete with twin bed and crib. He still sleeps in the crib, but has a big bed to move into soon.
And we sleep in the new room.
1 comment:
I love it Emily! Good work!
Post a Comment