I had planned to go visit my Grandma in New York on January 7-11, but all flights through Chicago were canceled on the 7th. I rescheduled for the last weekend in January instead. Jacob was a dream on both flights, he literally did not make a sound.
I was grateful that Gerry and his son Jim could pick me up from Buffalo, especially since Jim has a nice 4 wheel drive, and there was plenty of snow!

We mostly just hung out--I was not as helpful as my sisters, because I had Jacob with me. I sure enjoyed just visiting and being together. My cousins Matt and Erin had me to dinner, and I got to see their cute baby and new house.

I was able to go to church on Sunday and see all the ward members I grew up with. I was surprised at how young the ward is (again)--lots of families with little babies. My friend Lillian was there with her husband Sam and her baby Jacob. So funny that we hadn't seen each other in years, yet we come full-circle and are living parallel lives!

I had a chance to visit Mariana and her cute boy Dante. We visited at her home and went to lunch nearby. Our boys were loud, and we worried about bugging everyone. Plus, the restaurant was filming a commercial. We thought the least they could do is give us a small part in it!

Here are Jacob and Dante. He just turned one, but I think Jacob weighs as much as he does!

Anna and her family came to see me, but I managed not to take a single picture.
The trip home wasn't too bad. Jacob was fussier because it was his bedtime. As we left Chicago I held him to sleep, and he was down for the night!
It was wonderful to go "home," though really weird that my parents were not there. Even the cold and snow can't hide the rolling hills and open roads. It's a beautiful place.
1 comment:
It was great to see you & catch up a bit - and to meet your baby Jacob :)
Post a Comment